FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LCY-SNN-JFK-YVR/LAX-LHR in BA and CX J, plus Vancouver to Los Angeles by train!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:17 am
TheFlyingDoctor

Park Inn & Suites by Radisson Vancouver, BC

Room Type: 2 Double Beds with View
Nights: 3
CAD546.3 + taxes (81.95) (Stay 2 or more 10% discount offer)
Club Carlson points earnt: 29,227 (Room Points + Silver 15% bonus: 10,306; Triple Points Bonus: 17,921; App Booking Bonus 1000)

When browsing for options, I’d been struck early on by the potential view offered by the Park Inn; the property is south of False Creek, which means the balcony looks out over that, across the skyscrapers of downtown, and beyond to the mountains of North Vancouver. Despite overcast conditions, it immediately impressed when I first saw it, and only got better as the days turned sunnier, and when the lights came on at night:

Views from Room 517

Otherwise, I think I’d have been a bit disappointed for the price. Nothing actively wrong, just the décor didn’t inspire, the small, concrete balcony was hard to enjoy given the noise of Broadway, and I’d had to take a room with two double beds which ate into the space. On the plus side, the location was pretty good for public transport links, and offered an easy walk down to the creek. I also discovered the bathroom’s party piece – a shower which didn’t look anything special but delivered pressure which could probably hammer nails. I suspect a lot of guests are here for convenient access to Vancouver General Hospital, rather than a sightseeing trip; whilst I never made use of the microwave, I can see it being useful for extended stays, and I did find the fridge handy. Still, having had the view and collected a mountain of points, I’d be tempted on future stays to find something with a bit more charm.

Deluxe View room

Last edited by TheFlyingDoctor; Oct 20, 2019 at 9:51 am Reason: migrate off flickr / imgur