FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:08 pm
davidw70

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Intercontinental London - The O2

Intercontinental London - The O2

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

King Superior; upgraded to King Deluxe Canary Wharf View

How are the rooms?
Brand new (obviously) and very smartly done. The room is around 30sqm so isn't huge but perfectly large enough. Large bathroom with separate bath/shower and didn't have Agraria bath product (Anne Semonin I think?).
Unit in main room with coffee maker, mini bar, safe and kettle.
Very comfortable bed; sockets everywhere (including 2 USB by the bed)

How is the exec. lounge?
Not yet open

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Excellent welcome. Was greeted as a Spire Ambassador on check-in (and again at breakfast), and after a quick check-in process was offered a guided tour of the hotel which is looks superb
Good welcome gift (chocolates) and variety of fruit
Great breakfast (included in Be Our First Guest rate) and many dining/drinking options in the hotel

Bad
Not everything is yet open - but obviously this will change (by the end of the month I'm told)
The hotel was very empty, but the whole O2 complex seemed quiet given it was New Year's Day

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Will definitely be returning. Given its location, the hotel's rates are a bit on the high side (i.e. quite a bit more than those at Excel), but as far as I'm concerned, this is a very good hotel and will be able to justify the premium. It is just in zone 2 on the Underground so it doesn't cost much or take much time to get to Westminster/Green Park/Bond Street/etc on the Jubilee Line

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 5, 2016 at 4:16 am Reason: adding name of property to post instead of post title only