FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:35 pm
Richmond_Surrey

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
The door on the right, at the end of the room leads to the corridor on next picture, where's the wardrobe, chest of drawers and door to bathroom. Bathroom was L-shaped, toilet hidden on the left, shower hidden on the right, in the hole in the wall by the bath tub. Toiletries were Salvatore Ferragamo and in good sized packaging. It always annoys me that they become smaller and smaller in Hiltons and just not enough for one person, not to mention two. The room had some old times charm, was quiet, spacious and there was nothing wrong with it but I definitely wouldn't want to pay $500-700 for that.

Drinks were starting from $13 but I didn't fancy any of them and went for most expensive one, cocktail with champagne. You also get free plate of snack with your drink (nuts and something else).

I didn't spend any cash in the hotel except for tip for luggage storage people. Storage space is huge. I was invited inside, because they couldn't find my backpack and asked me to look myself if I can spot it. Then some other guy checked ticket number and brought it from another room.

I think it's worth staying there once for experience (if you're points/cash rich) and look for more modern and luxurious rooms somewhere else.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Oct 12, 2016 at 2:17 am