FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:01 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by epaairnow
As a quick follow-up to my original post:

3rd World card converted to WE on 12-22 (did secure message to Citi on 12-30-15 - confirmed WE and card will be mailed soon). I noticed name change in myciti.com around Christmas time with no email or notice.

Datapoint - Citi system shows all WEs for me, yet new World Elite card not mailed yet...and thus not activated.

Applied today using link 14 (link 13 did not work - 404--oops notice on citi.com) and instantly approved for new World card #4.

So it looks like you can start cycle again without receiving physical new WE card since it can take some time for Citi to actually mail it after converting you (weeks).
Getting approval does NOT mean you will get the bonus! The proof is in the letter that comes afterward. Though if things remain unchanged, then your No.4 is after all cards converted to WE, the No.4 should get the bonus.

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I did something similar,took a chance and recently applied for #3(using 60K mailer for another family member). Instantly approved with a large CL. Card #2 was converted sometime last week without any notification. I some larger spending upcoming and want to get the 3K spent quickly.

I am hoping that I didn't jump the gun,but should know shortly when the letter arrives confirming the bonus.
If you applied BEFORE the Card No.2 converted to WE, you still have a W at the time you apply the No.3... Unless the 60K invitation does not have the 18 months clause and Citi system does not match recipient of the mailer with the actual applicant...

Again, getting approval does NOT mean getting the bonus. That is why people try to be more cautious to make sure a win instead of a loss.

Originally Posted by D93
Did you confirm the bonus on card #4?
Originally Posted by D93
PUTPAC and ask a rep to confirm it?
Calling does not ensure the eligibility of bonus. The reps can only see which offer you applied thru. The reps do NOT see whether you are eligible for the bonus or not - it is determined by the system. That is WHY the Letter has so much importance. You will only know by the wording on the letter whether you would receive bonus or not.

Personally I would not put any big spend on the card UNTIL I receive the letter with the coveted words. There are enough preceding reports in both Exec thread and HHonors thread MONTHS AGO that getting the card does NOT mean getting the bonus, confirmed by the phone reps nonetheless. If the letter that comes without mentioning the bonus, you will NOT get the bonus. period. In fact that is how the people churning Exec cards find out what is the SURE tell about the eligibility of bonus. And such evidence is again proven by the 75K HHonors card offer a few months ago.

Why after a year of such Citi practice (the Approval Letter) people still are not sure what the mechanism is?

Last edited by Happy; Dec 31, 2015 at 4:37 pm