FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:34 pm
JimmyJoe

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
IC Austin

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
I stayed here 5 nights and found it to be a comfortable room, great in house restaurant, minimal - yet complementary - lounge access, and very poor housekeeping.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest (queen bed) amd upgraded to corner suite. The suite is two room with double french door separating the two. The living room has a sink kitchen like counters and a pull out bed in the couch. We had a partial view of the Capitol building. The bathroom is okay size with a tub shower.

How are the rooms?
Described above.

How is the exec. lounge?
Breakfast was consistently good. Happy hour was limited food choices however liquor, wine and champaign are available. The lounge had longer hours than most and open till 11am for breakfast and 530 to 8 for dinner. Beer, sodas and water are available till 10pm.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
No gift and no fruit. The only mention of Royal Ambassador status was at check in which was very fast and smooth.

How was the minibar?
Great. Lovely champagne! It also has white and red wine, 2 shiners, 2 other beers, plenty of spirits, whiskey amd bourbon. The only non alcohol beverages was 2 flavored ice teasand 2 red bull. I would have liked juises.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Complimentary lounge access
Roaring Forks restaurant in house
Mini bar

-Bad
My room was cleaned once in 5 days despite requests for additional cleaning and ample time with the do not desturbe sign removed.
I would have liked the mini bar refilled. I asked 4th day and they did.
No gift or fruit.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
I spend around $130 per night which I think is great value.

Would you return?
Yes