FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthdays in HKG + SYD (CX F/J, QF J, HA F)
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:01 pm
lmwong1977

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Day 3: Bondi to Coogee Walk

Well half the day is gone, so lets try the beach. Already been to Manly so time for the other popular one: Bondi. Grab a bus at Circular Quay, it takes about 45 minutes with all the traffic. At Bondi Junction the bus driver turns off the engine and just leaves. OK then, guess his shift is over? We get off and line up for another bus, then the bus driver returns and begins boarding. The other bus we lined up for leaves sooner and I get off near the middle part of the beach.

The walk is about 5km and I guess I walk fast as it took me just over an hour to walk it.

There's a good bit of water bottle filling fountains at the beaches near Bondi as you go father out, they get more sparse - still I was able to do quite well refilling with just the one bottle I grabbed from my hotel room. The water even comes out pretty cold too. Bathrooms were I'm happy to say quite clean. The pathways are pretty much paved or wooden walkways.

There was one section that wasn't well marked, it looked like we were just walking on a street in the neighborhood, but there's a lot of people walking, eventually you're back on a recognizably trail.

The Gordon's Bay section had a particularly steep section of stairs.

Some Sculpture by The Sea works

Walkway and Waverley Cemetery ahead

Coogee Beach

Mina Wylie statue (Aussie Olympic swimmer) + Wylie's Baths

Wedding Cake Island

I actually went a bit further past Coogee into the Trenerry Preserve, but I turned back to return to Coogee as I was starting to get hungry.

Dinner
C'mon gotta try it just for the name.

Fish N Chips - it was really nice moist and flaky, didn't even need the tarter sauce - used it for the fries