FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mommy Points - Chase Affiliate Links Ending
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:24 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Do I have to wonder if there are a bunch of jealous people that complain about FT-spin-off bloggers because they sort of made this hobby into a tool to manufacture some money and have "15 minutes of fame"?

Originally Posted by TMM1982
So sick of hearing, "I'm just a girl with a laptop." Why not go out and get a desktop if that makes you feel better? I'm sure you can afford it mommy points.
Laptops tend to be more expensive than desktops when wanting the same kind of computing power.

But the fact of the matter is that not all bloggers have the kind of ability and opportunity to scale up to be large enough to be valuable enough to some of the bigger banks.

Even with a more expensive laptop than a comparably powerful desktop, a mother with two young kids probably has different challenges than the single/dual-income no kid types.

Mommypoints.boardingarea.com didn't seem as bad a seller of credit card deals as some of the other sites out there, and it's been one of the blogs that has had some of the more interesting items that I've found useful and not just a knock-off or knocked-off content provider.

I wish her the best of luck in making up the lost revenue from the dropped affiliate relationship. The more ski deals she can find, the better.