FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:35 pm
touristtrap

Originally Posted by soxfanndc
So I'm Platinum Medallion on DL and usually get Upgraded for free or I buy FC. I just rec'd the Amex Plat on 11/2 of this year. I've flown DL only twice since then. I am not scheduled to fly DL anymore this year and I need to use the credit before 12/31 (or loose it). Rather then pointing me to a long thread, can anyone tell me of any use I might have for the credit if I'm not flying DL anymore this year? and if it matters, I have 12 trips planned for next year thus far and I'm at a loss as to what to use the $200 for (besides for buying food onboard a flight) which is all I can think of? any other uses that I don't know about? As a DL Plat I get checked bags for free or I'm covered under my DL Amex Plat so bag fee is out for me..

my other question is - if I buy drinks in the Delta SC and use my Plat Amex, is that considered "beverage" under the food and beverages "allowed" items for the $200? thanks.

Sorry if this is confusing, I've flown DL a long time but new to this particular Amex. Thanks.
Simple solution is to buy 4x$50 Delta egift certificates and use them in 2016.

4x$50 credit should post on your Platinum account within several days.

You can buy 2x$100 or 1x$200 certificates and chat with Amex about reimbursement. More complicated for the first time.

I would suggest the first option for your situation.

PLEASE READ WIKI AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. USEFUL TIPS.