FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:53 pm
soxfanndc

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Plat Amex Credit on DL - help needed and a question

So I'm Platinum Medallion on DL and usually get Upgraded for free or I buy FC. I just rec'd the Amex Plat on 11/2 of this year. I've flown DL only twice since then. I am not scheduled to fly DL anymore this year and I need to use the credit before 12/31 (or loose it). Rather then pointing me to a long thread, can anyone tell me of any use I might have for the credit if I'm not flying DL anymore this year? and if it matters, I have 12 trips planned for next year thus far and I'm at a loss as to what to use the $200 for (besides for buying food onboard a flight) which is all I can think of? any other uses that I don't know about? As a DL Plat I get checked bags for free or I'm covered under my DL Amex Plat so bag fee is out for me..

my other question is - if I buy drinks in the Delta SC and use my Plat Amex, is that considered "beverage" under the food and beverages "allowed" items for the $200? thanks.

Sorry if this is confusing, I've flown DL a long time but new to this particular Amex. Thanks.