FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:04 am
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
IC San Francisco Mark Hopkins

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a "1 King Bed View" room using a BOGO voucher. Upgraded to a "1 King Bed Executive" Room.

How are the rooms?
The executive room has a large seating area with a couch, two chairs and a desk (with office chair). The seating and sleeping areas are separated by a large dresser that houses a 2nd TV. The bathroom was more than adequate. The room had a total of 3 windows (2 in seating area, 1 by the bed), which provided a panoramic effect.

What was your welcome gift?
They automatically stock Evian water in all rooms with a $7 price tag, but the staff informs you during check-in that the Evian is free for ambassadors. The fruit, gift (a tin of dark chocolate), and additional water were delivered a few hours afterwards while I was away.

How is the exec. lounge?
We were not given free access, but the "lounge" is actually their ground-level restaurant (The Nob Hill Club) where certain items were complimentary if you have "lounge access". We visited their bar, and while we had to actually pay for the cocktails, they were very impressive.

What was good and what was bad?
The executive room on the 10th floor provided great views, but it was located next to the elevator. The elevators did make noise throughout the night, but it was not rickety (think of the sound a skeeball makes while rolling up the ramp) and not exactly loud. While the seating area was convenient, the couch's design was a bit awkward/uncomfortable.

Value for $? Would you return?
It seems that the room rates fluctuate wildly. If rates are ~$200/nt, I would consider it to be a fantastic value. If rates are high enough, I wouldn't be opposed to using points, as this is probably my favorite Intercontinental in the USA.