FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:16 am
HadesNL

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbour - San Pedro

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbour - San Pedro

It's about an 40min taxi ride away from LAX-airport dependent on traffic, fare should be around the 70USD. It's located close to the waterfront.

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador (without the card)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, hotel is populair for cruise ship passengers who need a place to rest before boarding their Princess/NCL cruise from San Pedro cruise terminal.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a standard king via a thirdparty website and was offered an upgrade to a mini-suite.

How are the rooms?
More then spacious for 2, enough power sockets
Standard design and clean
Small Seating area, comfortable bed with 4 pillows, desk facing the windows.
Windows can be opened for fresh air.
Combo shower/bathtub, pressure excellent. Temple Spa amenities / sleep relaxation mist/creams
Flat TV
Kettle with tea
Seperate coffee perculator
Very quiet but people love slamming their doors
View over the waterfront and the suspension bridge

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Friendly staff at reception, gave information about the area festival of the dead celebrations
- neighbourhood seems safe, i was greeted with more good mornings walking on the street then in my hometown
- proactively got upgraded
- proactively informed about their shuttle service to the cruise terminal, they have two vans running at 30min intervals for 5USD seats about 10(deoending on the amount of suitcases. Managed to walk to the waterfront and on the promanade to the cruise terminal, very safe and doable if you have only 1 suitcase on4wheels.
- pool area looks good and view of the port
- security is present during evening/nights
- doormen pro-activly helps arriving/departing guests

Bad:
- Hotel feels very local with a crazy karaoke evening (good-bad if people sing off-key)
- the lobby looks like coming straight out of the arc of noah, it's clean and spacious but not an area to wait in

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
i paid about 100USD for a king standard but got a mini-suite with harbour view so perfect value. It helped that the receptionist was from the Philipines and i have been there. She seemingly claimed to have never seen an IC ambassador card and jokingly showed me an example of their standard priority club cards while saying mine must be better