FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:14 am
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
InterContinental Moorea

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest room (garden view or whatnot) on Ambassador BOGO + 1 points night. Upgraded to beach bungalow at first, then to standard overwater bungalow.

How are the rooms?
OW Bungalow is great. Although didn't have the sunset view, it was on the shallower part of the lagoon, so direct access was perfect with a toddler in tow. Really, really satisfied.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge here.

What was your welcome gift?
Bottle of wine.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Great view
- Overwater bungalow!
- Pretty decent minibar, included on the points night as well

Bad
- Everything is expensive! Food, drinks, etc!
- No lounge
- Checkin staff were confused about what an RA gets. Didn't know if minibar was included (at least on paid night), etc.
- Room wasn't cleaned twice until I called. Apparently because hotel was fully sold out, so they prioritised rooms that were being checked out/in first. Shrug.
- Rooms are starting to show their age. Our parasol on the terrasse had a hole in it that leaked when raining.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Pretty good value for the free night. The BOGO was a fair deal as well, since regular rate was in the $300+ range, so I basically got two nights for that, plus the points night.

Would you return?
Most definitely.

Other Notes
Although the property is showing its age a bit, and there's some hits and misses with service, I really can't complain for a full-on upgrade to an overwater bungalow. We had an amazing time, and really enjoyed it.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Nov 3, 2015 at 12:42 am