FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:05 pm
sisamouth

oneworld Lounge at LAX (access denied for domestic AA - to merge)

I had a domestic flight out of LAX on AA about a week ago. I am a Citi AAdvantage Executive Platinum card holder, but was not allowed in the OneWorld Business lounge. I was told that this was because my flight was domestic and not international. The clerk provided me with a copy of this email as proof of their policy:

Subject: Lounge Access
Date: September 17, 2015 at 12:06 PM
To: QantasFirst <redacted>

Hello Everyone,

I understand that there is some increasing confusion around lounge access, particularly in the mornings with American Airlines and other domestic flights. The AA website and access policy is a little contradictory, but this is a Qantas Lounge. I had a phone call with <redacted> this morning to clarify.

In a nut shell

• Any one on an AA or other OW Domestic flight, originating their journey in LAX regardless of status or cabin to be flown, does NOT have access to the Qantas First or Business Lounges.

• If an eligible guests has come in on an international flight (i.e. from Australia) and has a connecting flight on a oneworld carrier they are eligible to use one of the lounges.

• If we witness or know of a passenger soliciting to eligible guests attempting to gain lounge access we are to deny access to that person. Same goes for people saying that their colleague will be coming shortly can they come in, they must wait till the eligible member arrives.

• If someone bullies or forces their way into the lounge we have Jeff's full support to call the Airport Police to have this person(s) removed from the lounges and contact the Qantas Duty Manager to inform them of our actions.

It is important that we protect the integrity of the lounges and to not dilute the experience of those that are genuinely eligible. By allowing all and sundry in we compromise the service and product that we offer and cannot recover costs form other airlines when we allow extras in who do not have access.

When I return from Sydney in a couple of weeks we will hold some team briefings and training sessions so that we are ready when the connector tunnel opens between T4 and TBIT.
Shouldn't I have had access to this lounge?

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 30, 2015 at 2:47 am Reason: Redacted names and e-mail addresses to comply with FT Rules