FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:46 am
FonzieBone

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
HI Killarney

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was fine. Place to sleep. No recognition from FD other than sliding across the IHG letter and giving me a points voucher. Actually the FD clerk seemed chronically depressed.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room best flex w/ breakfast, rec'd family suite.

How are the rooms?
Dated. Crappy lighting (very dim). No plugs anywhere. Shower did have a space-extending curtain, that was nice. Bed seemed a bit small. Generally a shabby feeling.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:

Restaurant had decent selection of Irish beers and friendly bartenders. Food (fish n' chips) was good. Lobby is really nice.

Bad:
No electrical outlets anywhere. Pain to charge things. Despite being a suite, vault ceilings came down quite low and maneuvering about was difficult.
20 min. walk to downtown Killarney (7€ cab fare). Property has a lot of rooms so despite our "upgrade" it was basically the farthest room from the FD.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
74 euro for a Monday night in the shoulder season? I'd stay if I was trying to accumulate a paid stay for some reason, but certainly not for creature comforts.