FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:56 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Intercontinantal New Orleans

Intercontinental New Orleans

- What is your Priority Club status?

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, on two recent stays.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
1st stay, 1 night paying cash, booked a standard room, that's what we got.
2nd stay, 3 nights using award free nights, booked a standard room, got upgraded to a balcony room.

- How are the rooms?
Nice, big, clean. Some of the balconies, if you get one, are huge; ours is probably 120 sq ft. The balcony to our left was half that size, but the one to the right looked about 50% bigger than ours.

- How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

- What was good and what was bad?
On the first stay, we opted for a fruit basket for our welcome amenity; it never came. I mentioned that misstep when checking in for my 2nd stay and opting for the points, and they sent up a fruit basket and also a bottle of wine. The 2nd stay was also the day after a Saints night game at the Dome, so they'd been sold out and most guests were remaining until checkout time. Still, when I arrived at 11:30, they had a room (upgraded) ready for me, definitely due to my Platinum status (she said they had had to tell lots of early arrivals they would have to wait).

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It's a good use for my free night certs, especially when paid rates are high. But cash rates in NOLA fluctuate a lot, with so many special events and big conventions. I certainly wouldn't use 50K points here when the rates are below $200...

Last edited by swag; Oct 22, 2015 at 4:55 am Reason: adding name of property to post instead of post title only