FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:55 pm
JacobNL

CP Athens City Centre

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior Room (cheapest) including breakfast, received Club Room on check-in. Also received choice between 600 points or a drink voucher. Also received late check-out at 3pm.

How are the rooms?
The rooms are okay, but have a strange/unusual design which I personally didn't like. My club room was one of the smaller ones (not a corner room) so no walk-in shower. But it did have a balcony. Lots of wear - looks like they're not really maintaining this hotel properly. Apart from that the room was clean, bed comfortable and all the amenities including bathrobes were present.

How is the exec. lounge?
Rather small. There are soft drinks, beer and wine available 24/7 which is nice. Illy coffee machine (nice!). Quite a choice of spirits is available in the evenings - not sure about the exact hours but I suspect they disappear sometime early in the morning, as everything was still in place around midnight. Food - I don't know about dinner time, but around 11pm only some crisps, nuts, etc. Afternoon - some nice warm pastries and other sweets. Also some sandwiches. All in all it's quite OK, although it was a bit of a mess during my stay - they don't seem to come to clean very often...

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Club lounge
- Friendly English-speaking staff

Bad
- Lots of wear in the room.
- Average breakfast (not really worth the €19 they charge for it)
- Expensive!

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
For €200 per night I would say it's very poor value, although getting lounge access makes it a bit better. Might go for the IC next time, which is only a little more expensive.