FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:14 pm
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Ic presidente mexico city

IC PRESIDENTE MEXICO CITY

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was good, not great.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Standard on AAA rate and received a King Bed Club IC Chapultepec View. Other than the fact they gave me Club access, it didn't seem like I received any discernable upgrade in room.

How are the rooms?
Standard size basic hotel room. The hotel is undergoing a much needed renovation and they gave me a newly renovated room. It has modern amenities, US power ports and plugs, and a spacious shower with overhead rain and shower wand. The bed was as firm as I've ever experienced at an IC and the pillows were firm but not particularly luxurious.

How is the exec. lounge?
The newly renovated lounge is on the 39th floor. The concierge desk was not regularly staffed and they only do express checkouts in the am. There are 2 butlers in the lounge who serve (read that portion control) beverages. Breakfast buffet is a nice selection of hot and cold options with the possibility of a cooked to order egg or omelette. There are no mid-day snacks, per se other than coffee and cold beverages. Evening service is either red or white wine (no sparkling) beer, and several liquors. There is usually a nice selection of hot items, cheeses, soups, salad fixings, and desserts. You can easily make a full meal of the offerings.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, a small ceramic cup, much like a shot glass.

How was the minibar?
Decent selection of liquor. 1 split of red wine, no sparkling, and several bottles of water. Ample complimentary bottled water is provided in the room.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
The health club is nicely equipped and has plenty of cardio equipment. For those who forget or don't want to carry gym clothes, they have a valet service to bring gym wear (including shoes) to your room for free.
There are nice views from the upper floors
5 min walking access to the nearest subway (Auditorio) and 10 mins to Polanco stations.
The hotel has several nice restaurant options to choose from.

-Bad
I've been to quite a few IC properties, and I just didn't get that war, welcome feeling I've experienced elsewhere. I speak very little Spanish and the staff spoke very limited English. The Concierge staff seemed curt and burdened to answer my questions about restaurant reservations and transportation options. They tried to put me in an expensive hotel car to the airport, which was twice the regular taxi fare. Others have made similar observations, so I guess its not just me.
The hotel is in an upscale area of the city, but somewhat removed from the main tourist attractions. If I wasn't schlepping to make my minimum stays at IC proper, I'd have been better off paying 1/3 the rate and staying at the Holiday Inn closer to downtown and the airport.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
The rate (with stiff local taxes) was not a bargain by any means. It was fair though.

Would you return?
I'd consider returning, although as note above, I think the Holiday Inn Zona Rosa is much more reasonable and better located.