FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Monorail at EWR to possibly be closed for up to 4 months?
Old Mar 28, 2000, 4:16 pm
Lvjava

New to this board
Hello,
Just wanted to say that although waiting for the bus will be quite the pain, I think the rail is in need of a fix. Had an experience just this month. Got on the monorail at about 6pm with about 5 others - doors closed, doors opened, doors closed, doors opened. On and on for a good 2 mins. or more while we all pretended to be totally unconcerned. The rail was sluggish and kept stopping throughout the ride to lot D3. So much so that all the other passengers were smirking while telling me, "good luck" as they were leaving. All I kept thinking, as I found myself alone and stopped once again, was how in the world I was going to jump to freedom this high off the ground? Not a pleasant exp. As I was pulling up to terminal A to get my travel mates, I see them leaning in the window of a police car they flagged down to inquire about any trouble in the area. I had been gone for a little over 1 and 1/2 hours and they thought I had been mugged or worse. Well, we all had a good laugh over it, but I am not keen on repeating it and would much rather take the bus at this point!

[This message has been edited by Lvjava (edited 03-28-2000).]