FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A trip to Crete
Thread: A trip to Crete
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:33 am
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
A trip to Crete

Today I start a new Trip Report about our last trip to Crete. It was a „Budget-trip“ as my wife wanted to save money. We ended up booking 5 nights at the Blue Palace Elounda (Luxury Collection) in a Bungalow with private pool.

We started our journey at DUS airport from were our flight to Heraklion with Air Berlin departeted. First we should start at 5:50, but they changed the times weeks before to 7:50.
Like more or less every journey from DUS it started at the „exclusive“ Hugo Junkers Lounge. Like I said in the past it´s an OK lounge with limited food offerings. Nothing to write home about....
View with rare airline:

Entrance:

Seating area:

Offerings:
DSC_0006 by Hello Friends, auf Flickr

The flight borded before time but left a few minutes late as a crew member was ill. I grabed Emergency seats at the A 321 which offered good legroom.

We arrived in time and lagguage-transfer worked relative well. We visited the restrooms at the airport and wished we had used the one at the plane....
I prebooked a rental car via billiger-mietwagen.de at Hertz. When we arrived at the rental car area the shock! No one at the Sixt-counter, no one at the Budget-counter, no one at the Europcar counter and no one at the Avis counter BUT the half plane at the Hertz counter. Cool!

After over 1 ½ hours we got our papers and could go to the pick up station. We got a Hyundai i30 Diesel (weakest one I guess) in basis-configuration. Not the worst car but if I had to drive it every day I would get mad...

Next: Blue Palace Hotel