FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:21 pm
Lenflyer64

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
IC Chicago

IC Chicago

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Plat Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Yes

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
Booked two dbl beds Grand Tower, upgraded to Executive Tower corner, appears to have been a double upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Very nice, great views of the lake and Michigan Ave. Even got to see fireworks with a perfect view! The room was quite large, but not much furniture in one area so seemed like unused space, but still really enjoyed the very nice room.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge, but given two drink tickets instead (they said).

What was your welcome gift?
They brought up fruit and water after we checked in. I didn't notice anything else. I don't think that was the gift, but never got around to asking about it, and honestly since this was my first stay as Amb, I didn't even know what to ask for or expect. I see it varies a lot by hotel.
Oh, speaking of expect, should there be welcome points too, like at other than IC IHG hotels?

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Eventually.

What was good?
Nice hotel in a great location, very nice room.

What was bad?
Valet parking is pricey! But then it is Chicago and valet is super convenient. Guess that's what you pay for.

Value for the money? Would you return?
I would. There are certainly lesser priced hotels on/by Michigan Ave, but I enjoyed my stay. Now if only I'd get the same type of room upgrade next time.