FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - transfer to AA at FCO: bus to T5 or just go to G/H gate?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:13 pm
SeeBuyFly

Originally Posted by orbitmic
...If you do not have your BP, you'll need to find a transfer desk that can help as otherwise they won't normally let you transit airside although you could try pleading with a ticket printout.
Having now made the connection I was asking about, I can report that a bp is NOT needed to go to the AA gate at FCO after arriving on a domestic AZ flight, and taking the landside bus to T5 is NOT needed.

We arrived at T1 with no bp for the next (AA) flight. We asked and were directed to gate B29 where there was immigration followed by a direct bus to the G gates. In lieu of an AA bp, they readily accepted the itinerary printout and allowed us to board the bus. We were always airside, and remarkably the only regular security check we faced was on boarding the initial AZ flight at PMO. There was of course the usual AA-contracted interview (security theater) at the gate, after which we went to the counter and received boarding passes. Painless and efficient.

I did attempt to OLCI but was unable to do so, with a generic explanation on aa.com but probably because I was connecting from AZ to AA. In any event I did not need the bp to go directly to the G gate.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Sep 6, 2015 at 4:39 pm