FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First Trip in Long Haul F, flying in style on Emirates A380 F, SEA-IAH-DXB-HKG
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:09 pm
HGHUA

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
IAH-DXB

So here we go. Lots of pics.

Starting in check in at IAH seems quite quiet. Emirates line is quite empty but there was a line for a Qatar flight.

I guess I was a bit early, at 3 hrs before the flight though...

Likewise security was a quick and easy affair, even without pre-check.

Since I had time I walked around a little.

Air France 777 boarding to Paris.

My Boarding Passes

Meal Voucher. Ended up giving this away to some guys who looked hungry as I ate in the lounge.

Then checked out the Terminal D Executive Club Lounge. It honestly wasn't as bad as I was predicting. For a US lounge it wasn't too bad. Interestingly enough the front desk was staffed by one Emirates employee and one Qatar employee.

I didn't eat as I wanted to save room for the food on board which was sure to be better.

Logged into the internet and ran a speed test to amusing results.

Uhh, lol they should balance their network speeds a bit more.

When it was time to board I left a few min early to get some shots of the plane. Unfortunately the gate they parked it in made it hard to get a shot of it.

The boarding process wasn't exactly efficient. They had lines set up for each group but first proceeded to call each group to have them line up. Something like, "boarding group C is now allowed to line up." all while not boarding anyone. Passport checkers were all over the place and checked some passports twice.

Once we got on board however, the service was excellent. They said FAs from 20 countries with 19 languages. IFM or Senior Purser was from India and very nice when I met her.

A few views of the seat.

Snack basket. Or as the FA put it when introducing the Suite, "the calories."

Didn't even touch these the whole flight...

View parked at the gate.

How they keep you from removing it during takeoff and landing.

Arabic Date, I was offered coffee as well but turned it down. Don't like coffee.

No cell icon over TV.

We pushed back right on time and taxied to the runway for a smooth takeoff. It was funny watching the massive wingspan over the taxiways and the other planes compared to us.

On the runway.

I actually don't drink. Though I figured why not try something, so I ordered a glass of 2005 Dom.

Lets just say while I'm sure its a great champagne, its not for me...

Motorized window shades.

So, meal service. First the menu

The table before.

and after.

Had to start with the caviar.

Mmmm...

Then I went for the Indian chicken thing as I was craving some things with a spice to it.

and this yummy bread pudding for dessert.

Here's the wine menu for your reference.

Then took a quick look at the amenity kit and goodies.

PJs

Cloth Bag to hold everything.

And the all important bag.

Its a soft leather or pleather, I can't tell.

Then I took a look around the plane.

Night stars.

5 ppl in first including me.

Biz

Bar was staffed but empty of passengers. Except some kid running around.

Economy

Flight deck door.

Front stairs

First class bar

I might note that someone went to town on the Hennesy Paradis. When I took a pic of it in the beginning it was full. By the end of the flight there was just a little left in the bottle. No drunkards noted though...

After that a shower. It was quite an experience. I found it interesting they had 3 shower attendants on hand.

Floor temp control. Not obvious until you touch the screen.

Fruit plate waiting for me when I got out.

BTW: these little mints are awesome. Take em.

Then after a few TV shows including one where two British guys bike some brazil highway in the Amazon I hit the sack. for a bit... or at least that was the plan.

I awake to the landing messages and mentally smack my self for oversleeping. It was a comfy bed after all. lol. Too late for any food. Sigh. I figured I'd just eat in the lounge then.

So my first flight I ended up sleeping though. Hopefully I won't on the next.