FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First Trip in Long Haul F, flying in style on Emirates A380 F, SEA-IAH-DXB-HKG
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:38 pm
HGHUA

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Umm. Thanks all. Let me clarify, yeah it was my first AS flight but mostly because I just moved to SEA a few years ago and I'm pursuing my United MM status before moving on to another program. Probably AS. Sure, these things are new to me but I love sharing things I find different. Still beats out a UA flight though in my book. lol. I'll drop by the AS forum and start reading up. I did do some research on EK to make sure I experience everything.

Anyways, Just wanted to do a little mini post about my time in Houston. Second time here and this time I got to see a bit more. I'm heading to the airport in a few min for the EK flight so I'll post that when I get to DXB.

Hyatt Place IAH:

Room is pretty standard for a hyatt place. Clean and nice. AC works well in this Texas heat. Its actually a great place to stay as it has an airport shuttle and is just 2 blocks away from the 102 bus stop direct into the city.

Interestingly enough Houston's bus and train services were all FREE from the 16th-22nd, so that how I got around. Great (accidental) timing.

New light rail system I guess. Pretty efficient way of getting around Houston downtown. I forgot how big Texas can be. lol

Tracks through the fountain. Even shoots water over the train in an arch if its timed right.

NABI Buses

Thats a lot of pita bread...

Pink construction equipment anyone? Think the trend will take off?

But the best part was the BBQ. Tried 2 places. Goode Company in Houston and Killen's BBQ in Pearland. Killen's was by far superior.

Beef Brisket Sandwich at Goode Company. It was ok.

Beef Ribs, Brisket, Cream corn, green beans, and bread pudding. Sooo good.

Anyways back to the regularly scheduled program in a bit. Cheers.