FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE 2012-14: Award Change for date, time, routing, co-terminal, cost, all changes
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:49 am
sharka

ARCHIVE 2012-14: Award Change for date, time, routing, co-terminal, cost, all changes

Booked a RT using AA award miles from JFK to Manila several months ago. Outbound using air partner: JAL, from JFK to Narita then onward to Manila (arrival at late night).

Recently found a better schedule on CX that departs JFK earlier that will get me into Manila early afternoon instead of at night. CX requires a transfer in HK then onward to Manila.

No date change for departure date, No change in departure city (JFK) or arrival city (Manila).

Only change was with AA air partner (CX and JAL) and changing planes in HK rather than Narita.

Was told last nite when trying to make the changes that AA now charges a change in tix fee for using a different air partner. I told her never heard of this policy. She was very insistent on the phone. I thanked her and hung up. Called again 10min later and another rep. told me the same thing.

Note: I made changes before using different AA air partners in the past to change not only air partners but different dates of travel. In the past, as long as the original departure city and arrival city were same then no fees for any changes.

Guess they must've changed the award tix policy.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 27, 2015 at 8:55 pm Reason: Restore original post title