FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:56 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Sydney

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Plat Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Yes, we like the location.

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
Club room, upgraded to cnr suite .... however not without first telling us that it was just a one off. confusion because when we booked we were royal ambassadors...

How are the rooms?
The cnr suite is spacious and comfortable. Separate powder room. Bathroom has bath and separate shower. We slept very well here.

How is the exec. lounge?
As always this is a highlight in Sydney. They've given it a fairly minor revamp, recovered some chairs, added in a couple of higher tables and chairs and some tall bar type chairs. Changed some outdoor furniture. Service is always pretty good here. I find the evening canapés to be a bit blah though, although saying that, there is plenty.

What was your welcome gift?
Bottle of wine, but then they thought we were Royals

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Yes

What was good?
The lounge. Billy, the new manager seems great. Organised a little birthday slice of cake with candle and an espresso martini for me!
Housekeeping was efficient.

What was bad?
Check in wasn't really 'bad' but just a bit on the awkward side. Having been sent an email telling us we had been upgraded to a cnr suite and then a bit of oh I need to double check this and oh we are giving you a much better upgrade than you deserve kind of treatment was a bit underwhelming.

Value for the money? Would you return?
It is expensive here but we always seem to come back.