FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian landed immigrants need to carry residency card - intl. travel after Dec 31?
Old Dec 14, 2003, 6:55 pm
mpc1

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
I dare say compared to just getting a visa to visit a country like India or Poland, this is within the range of tolerability. </font>
Shareholder

Based on my personal experience within the last week, getting a Polish Visa in YVR was a 'piece of cake'. I dropped off my application at the Consulate last Tuesday, paid the fee and courier costs and was told that the application should be processed by the 24th and I should have my passport back within a few days after that. To my surprise my passport, complete with a Polish visa, arrived at work on Friday morning. By the way I paid the standard visa fees and not the expedited processing fee.

Total turnaround time including courier less than 72 hours.

Level of tolerance needed none.

I hope topic starter's brother-in-law gets the same type of service from CIC.

mpc1