FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold in one go - the Finnair monster
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:27 pm
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
10. Asiana Osaka Kansai - Seoul Incheon

KIX-ICN OZ115 B767 HL-7506
Cabin and Seat: Business, 1C

Well, pretty bummed last night, just like I always am when leaving Japan. I slept as long as possible, skipped breakfast and hurried to the airport, a bit on the late side. This Asiana flight leaves from the "Northern Wing" for which you need to take a train, and I am now trying to get there and grab some food in the lounge before leaving. I haven't eaten anything proper since yesterday lunch - and even that lunch was just a sandwich at coffee bar! (Damn you airlines for not keeping me fed!)

The gate area at KIX is not that large but has a somewhat unusual layout. And the ANA lounge is apparently furthest away from the train.

Finally - the ANA lounge at north wing

And finally some food!

Proper breakfast. Juice, berry-pastry and a mug of Sake!
OK, alright, there were other things too and I got properly fed.

Back on the 767 and I'm still choosing the centre seat. This time though I'm in row 1, as I usually like bulkheads best. While I sit here, I observe the crew greet everyone getting onboard. They have great language skills and, by the little I can tell, they are confident in Korean and English too.
There is a male purser, and he is great with kids, joking and frolicking a bit with every family that boards. It strikes me as pretty unusual for an Asian airline, but that might just be my prejudice.

Crew is as attentive as before, but the meal is quite disappointing.

The presentation isn't too bad, they clearly arranged the mushroom stack (lower middle) to look alive, but I guess I am not too fond of these stews.
Bread is delicious. I took 2 pieces.

Back at Incheon in the exact same lounge. I am a bit famished though and start off by mixing Eggplant caponata and deep fried chicken with vegetables. A croissant makes the mix it even weirder.

But of course I continue to raid the food section and feel better after awhile. The lunge is a bit more busy than last time, but still very far from full.

Segment results:
BIS: 859
TP: 0 (award)
AP: 0 (award)