FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2015 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Consolidated / Combined AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:58 am
aks8586

Hello all,

I am a complete newbie to the process of mile accruing through credit-card sign-ons. Just started reading about it yesterday on OneMileAtATime blog and FlyerTalk. I have a couple of questions and I will apologize in advance if they come across as stupid. Here goes:

1) Yesterday, I applied and got approved for the Citi/AAdvantage Executive (75,000 miles/$7,500/3-months). The card has a $450 annual fee and the AA representative informed me that I will receive my AAdvantage Mileage Number when I receive my physical card. Considering, I am able to spend $7,500 in the 1st month and get a refund for the $450 annual fee; I will get 75,000 miles. Can I easily transfer these miles from my credit-card to my AAdvantage account?

2) After meeting the spending requirement for the above card, I am planning to apply for the Citi ThankYouŽ Premier Card (50000 points/$3,000/3-months). Considering, I get approved for this card, can I add my miles (75,000) and points (50,000) together to get free/greatly-discounted tickets?

3) I have read that people apply for multiple cards, which I am planning to do as well. Which card do you guys think are the best? And, how to combine points across multiple cards?

If someone could reply to this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Akshat