FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:10 am
MagicWok

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore

Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yep

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
King Bed Deluxe, and upgraded to Executive Room with Club access.

How are the rooms?
We stayed overnight after a long flight. Was a little musty on entering but soon settled after a blast of A/C.

Comfortable bed. A slightly odd hospital/prison style cot for my son

We had a refurb room, but surprisingly felt a little dated already. Mixture of wood and typical Holiday Inn styling. Water and a nice Aloe Vera drink, and some fruits. Shower was strong and hot.

We were a couple floors from the top, so we had a great view of Singapore and the Strait, and was fun looking down to the lobby.

How is the exec. lounge?
We only briefly stopped by for a coffee, tea and snacks in an empty lounge in the afternoon. Wonderful views, but can't really comment on much more.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- Very helpful staff. One in particular that gets mentioned a lot, helped with check in and nicely provided a small amount of bonus points.
- Comfortable rooms.
- Impressive atrium (as the name suggests!)
- Great views

Bad:
- Nothing

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Well priced for the rate we used. I'd return again, though I'd primarily use it for just a stopover hotel - I don't think I'd enjoy an extended stay there. It was cheaper than HI Orchard by a fair bit, and the CP at Changi of course.