FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Most Helpful Device
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:43 pm
KenHamer
Original Member

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Love the post, I do want to ask one serious, but noobish question.

Let's say you wanted to do this, YVR-YYZ (fri/sat/sun)YYZ-MEX-YVR (mon or mon/tue).

How do you get that stopover? Obviously it's not offered on the website,...
Obviously, it is!

Note that depending upon day of week, connections, etc, the fare might vary by a few dollars.

Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

LOL is it really back, or am I misreading this?
I got news for ya... it was never actually gone.

After they were "cancelled" in May, 2001 I continued doing them until 2004/2005.

Originally Posted by pewpew
Same. Fare rules don't seem to permit that. It's available out of the western triangle FWIW
It would appear that adding YHZ will add about $800 to a one-way fare, which likely removes the benefit. I no longer subscribe to ExpertFlyer, so don't have easy access to the fare rules. But it would not surprise me to find that under certain circumstances YHZ (and maybe other cities) could be added for little extra.

BTW, this is available from everywhere on the route. That is, you can start in YYZ/YUL if you so desire, though it will take an initial setup flight.

You just have to get your mind around the fact that for true frequent fliers, there is no such thing as a destination or an origin. There are only layovers, between your last segment and your next segment.

Destinations are indicated by tombstones.

Originally Posted by why fly
obviously most people will drop the MEX part.
Why?

As someone else noted, you get to do a MEX mileage run for -$1000.

Moreover, as someone else else noted, to get the same deal on the return you'd actually have to go to MEX.

Finally, being a true MHDer means following the rules fastidiously. Otherwise, you'd be a "tariff abuser."

Oh, wait... never mind...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article761598/

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 5, 2015 at 9:32 pm Reason: merge separate posts