FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:41 pm
csyoung49

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
IC Alliance Palazzo/Venetian

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Plat Ambassador.

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Great hotel, definitely enjoyed all of it! Could probably use another day or two .

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked a luxury view room the first night and a Bella room the next two nights. I paid for the luxury view room straight up and the Bella Room was an Ambassador BOGO certificate. They upgraded me on the first night to a Sienna Suite but I asked them to simply book me into a Bella the first night for the whole weekend. They happily obliged.

How are the rooms?
Room is great, Palazzo has the updated furniture vs. the Venetian which has some of the more dated stuff.

What was your welcome gift?
Small bag of chocolates

How is the exec. lounge
No access - They have a RA lounge but I can't get into that.

What was good and what was bad?

The Good:
Staff was good.
The Spa is amazing, only a step below the Encore spa which I would rate as the top one in Vegas (I've tried MANY).

The Bad:
Despite the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they knocked on my door early in the morning (around 10 am, which is early for VEGAS) and I wasn't happy about it. That being said, it was the welcome gift/fruit that didn't make it to the room because of the switch that I had done during check in.

Value for $? Would you return?
Heck yes.