FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AT&T Access More card (Discontinued)
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:36 pm
TennisNoob

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
So I just had an hour long conversation with Citi.

There agents have no clue what they are talking about. I spoke to 3+ different people who said they can't find out the merchant code of something once charged. They said they won't be able to verify the possibility of it being 3X till the points post on the Thankyou Points system. Finally one was able to.

It's possible that BestBuy/Walmart can one day not qualify.
Here's the part I don't get.

Walmart and Walmart.com are 2 different companies. If you make the charge on Walmart.com you will get your points however Walmart.com is not an local retail store. Even though regardless there merchant code shows up as an Online Retailer.

Amazon for instance is a "book store" , but uses merchant code 5942 so they qualify. EVEN THOUGH they don't have a retail store. Unless you count those in NY (which has less than 1% of there actual inventory).

Newegg.com an online electronics store with NO Retail storefront at all, qualifies.

Citi tells it's employees to explain to people that an online retailer using the right merchant code with a retail store front qualifies. Clearly not making much sense at all.