FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:57 pm
JDavis625

Candlewood Suites Washington-Fairfax

Candlewood Suites Washington-Fairfax

What is your IHG/Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Queen Studio Suite, received the same (hotel was nearly full the first night of our stay).

How are the rooms?
Basic room, nothing that was really too noteworthy. Carpet and furnishings showing a little wear and tear, but nothing out of the ordinary for the price range and age. Either we got lucky or the rooms are well insulated against sound – we were on the first floor adjacent to the parking lot and didn’t have any problem with noise.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- This was a PointBreaks stay, so the price was right.
- Bus stops one block away from the hotel and goes to the nearest metro station.

Bad
- Very little in walking distance from the hotel. Small shopping center with a couple of restaurants about half a mile away.
- Prices for food and drinks in The Pantry seemed more expensive than in other locations, probably because of the lack of other options mentioned above.
- Not as convenient to use public transportation to get to DC as I thought it would be, but that’s my own oversight and unfamiliarity with the area.

Value for $ or IHG Points? Would you return?
If you have a specific reason to be in the Fairfax area and have a vehicle, this is a fine hotel - even at cash or regular point (15k) prices. If you don’t meet both of those criteria, I’d recommend somewhere else. Not really a practical choice for visiting DC, even when you’re trying to be frugal and stick to the PB list ;-).