FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:57 pm
beachmouse

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Candlewood Suites, Grand Junction, Colorado

Candlewood Suites, Grand Junction, Colorado

- What is your Priority Club status?

Gold Elite

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked two queen beds, got the same

- How are the rooms?

Generally well-kept- newer furnishings and very clean. It's a once a week housekeeping concept, and I'd guess you'd get about four days before you wanted to swap towels and get additional tissue from the front desk. Since we had a two night stay, it worked well.

- How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

- What was good and what was bad?

Good-
Clean, good service
Was offered welcome gift without having to ask for it- employees we interacted with were generally competend and friendly
decent bed and pillows; towels were slightly better than I'd expect for this type of hotel

Bad-
slow internet to the point of being useless at night
housekeeping didn't empty dishwasher after previous guests, leaving me to hunt for plates that should have been in the cupboard

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

$130 a night seemed a little expensive at first, but after some research, every hotel in town was going for 20-30% more than usual because of multiple special events (Junior College World Series Baseball and a largish multi-event cycling competiton*) The Holiday Inn Express across the street, 15K a night on points, was going for $170+ tax for a refundable reservation. So a decent value considering circumstances.

* (We stumbled across the Subaru Adventure Team booth at the bike expo, and because I could show my Outback key to them, at least I got about $60 worth of nice Subaru owner's schwag back because of the special event stuff.)

Would stay there again if I'm back in the area and it's cheaper than the HIX option.