FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:07 pm
powerslide

Programs: IHG Amb, Honors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by quank
My wife and I recently completed our renewal applications for NEXUS and were conditionally approved over the weekend. I didn't realize we had to go for an interview; we live in New Orleans and have no plans to be in Canada (or near any of the other interview locations) any time soon. Do we need to complete this interview within a specific time period (we are already registered on GOES and they have all the information requested for the interview)? Any suggestions on how to clear this step in the least painful way? Thanks all!
Originally Posted by crimsona
You need to book an appointment (for any date) within ninety days.

You can book something like eight months out, and just change the date if you can't make that one either.

Not sure if there's a time limit if your nexus has been expired for more than a year by that point
I actually had a conditional approval (for a renewal) expire. You have 30 days from the date of conditional approval to book an appointment. The appointment can be many months in the future (I don't know--and can't find--what the limit of how far in the future that can be).

Here's where it gets interesting. Once you schedule an appt, if you have to reschedule, there is a 120 day limit. I think that means that you cannot reschedule an appt beyond 120 days from the originally-scheduled date. Actually the GOES website will let you reschedule your appointment beyond 120 days, but if you show up for the appointment, your application will be denied. I had a NEXUS agent phone me the day before my appointment telling me to not bother showing up because I was beyond the 120 day limit. My choices were to cancel my application (no repercussions besides the $50 fee), or be denied (I don't remember the exact repercussions of this choice, but I recall it would have been worse). I chose the former, reapplied a couple of months later (I was busy), was conditionally approved, and eventually was approved with no problems.