FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:45 am
bruce80

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
CP Hongkong Causeway Bay

Crowne Plaza Hongkong Causeway Bay

What is your IHG/Priority Club status?
Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a racecourse view room and received that

What was your welcome gift?
One bar voucher (wine/beer/softs) per person

How are the rooms?
This has already been my third stay in this hotel, and the rooms are still very clean and don't show any wear or tear. They are spacious, with an equally spacious bathroom and a number of useful amenities (power adaptor, umbrella, exhaustive selection of bathroom amenities). There really isn't much left to be desired.

How is the exec. lounge?
There's no dedicated lounge, however, executive guests (which are called "Crowne Privilege" here) receive free drinks in the hotel bar.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- This is still an outstanding CP property
- very good breakfast selection (be sure to book the breakfast with your room rate)
- daily turndown service is provided without the need to request it
- great open-air bar area on the 27th floor

Bad
- the lobby has a very strange smell to it (fortunately, the corridors and rooms don't smell)

Value for $ or IHG Points? Would you return?
I have already been returning the third time, and would return again without hesitation. This is definitely the best CP I've discovered so far. Room rates are not really cheap, but they're worth every HKD.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:34 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only