FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old May 27, 2015, 7:39 pm
Retron

Holiday Inn Express - Golden - Kicking Horse

Holiday Inn Express - Golden - Kicking Horse

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes! It's a decent hotel (15 months old as of writing this) and everything is shiny and new. It's the only hotel I've seen that uses RFID keycards, for example.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Executive King, received Executive Twin Queen (as rooms were still being cleaned when I checked in at 4PM).

- How are the rooms?
The room is large (larger than most on the floorplan) and includes a sofa/coffee table area in addition to a kitchenette. The view is of forested mountains and the main road - very pleasant. As it's a new hotel everything is spotless - and the TV is massive by hotel standards, it must be at least 37 inches.

- How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

- What was good and what was bad?
You can't really go wrong with a shiny new hotel. For a HIX it's very nice - in terms of room features it's superb, far more bits and pieces than you'd find in a regular HIX (at least in Europe).
The welcome offer was points or a goodie bag. I surprised the check-in staff member by asking for the goodie bag - apparently nobody ever does that! The bag contained a bottle of water and a 100g (Canadian) IHG-branded bag of trail mix.
There's nothing bad to report.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
At roughly $150 CAD a night for something that's just a notch below a suite, it's good value. It's also the only IHG hotel for miles around! If I was to return to Golden I'd stay again without a moment's hesitation.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 2, 2015 at 7:30 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only