FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)
Old May 8, 2015, 9:25 am
peteropny
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Asking us to compile the info available for you = your time is more valuable than ours?
I would advise against this. Hyatt has asked us several times to take down this thread because of the codes contained in it. We've been able to satisfy by saying that what is posted is up to the members and that the thread is not managed by Flyertalk or the mods in anyway. Having a wiki with all the codes listed would lessen our argument. And having the discussion in this one thread helps it not proliferate to other threads.

FWIW, I used to be the mod over on the National car rental forum. National had approached Flyertalk to take down the discount code thread, I strongly resisted and FT management agreed with an edit to the disclaimer. National then went an alternative way by contacting the member who maintained the listing through an unaffiliated car rental review site (think blog) and threatened him with legal action to remove the listing. He asked me to delete which I did but then resigned immediately as mod since I can't support a company that is so underhanded.

Long story short, I'd leave this thread the way it is, rather a jumbled listing to maximize its chances of surviving. Not that I even think that Hyatt would do something like a National did.