FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 15000 Flat-Rate Redemptions?
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2015, 3:57 pm
Dadofsix

Originally Posted by chaddictive
I just used 90k Points for a reservation in The New Yorker for 3 days in October.

If I cancel that Reservation after 11th of May, do you think I will get my 90k back or 45k as the new redemption policy?

If first, I will wait until the new policy is in place, check for that rates (I still dont believe that this will happen) and will book 6 nights instead. makes sense?

Thanks
I have the same question. I'd hate to think you could cancel on or after 5/11 and not receive a refund of the number of points you used to reserve it with - but I wouldn't want to risk losing that many points either.

It sure would be nice if Wyndham would release some more details before the new program is effective on 5/11. (I'm also wondering if it's effective at 12:00 or 12:01am Eastern time on Monday, 5/11?)

Being a Wyndham Rewards Visa cardholder, I did get the email below this afternoon with some details around honoring the existing structure for another 6 months, so I guess that's something....

For a limited period, our cardmembers can redeem Wyndham Rewards points under the updated Wyndham Rewards program or the existing Wyndham Rewards program.

WHAT'S NEW — STARTING MAY 11, 2015

We think you'll love our new program, which lets you:

go free!SM
With 15,000 points, you've earned a free night at any Wyndham Rewards hotel1, or

go fast!SM
Get an award night at a Wyndham Rewards hotel for 3,000 points plus some cash2

Please visit WyndhamRewards.com to access additional information on the program enhancements. Also, please note that these changes do not impact the terms and conditions of your Wyndham Rewards Visa credit card account, or the way you earn points by using the card.

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

We recognize that you may have been saving for a particular trip or just want to earn and redeem according to the current program rules past May 11; therefore we have a dedicated team available 7 days a week to help you redeem for Free Night Stays under the current rules even after new program rules take effect. From May 11, 2015 through November 03, 2015, Free Night Stays will be available exclusively to Wyndham Rewards Visa cardmembers starting at 5,500 points for a Tier 1 hotel, up to 50,000 points for a Tier 9 hotel.

To redeem for Free Night Stays from now through May 10, 2015, please visit WyndhamRewards.com or call 1-866-996-7937.

To take advantage of Free Night Stays from May 11, 2015 through November 03, 2015, please call our Member Services Team at 1-800-262-1923 for more information. This exclusive 'Best of Both Worlds' redemption option is available to you through November 03, 2015, after which time Wyndham Rewards may only be redeemed under the program rules then in effect.

Thank you for your continued loyalty.
1. Good for 1 standard room at a participating hotel, up to room's maximum occupancy, subject to availability. Most properties: applies to room rate only, including taxes.

2. Not all Wyndham Rewards hotels participate in the Go Fast award program. Amount of cash required for a Go Fast award will vary by hotel. Good for 1 standard room, up to the room's maximum occupancy, subject to availability. Most properties: applies to room rate only, excluding taxes.