FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Orders Boeing 777-300ERs / 77Ws w/ 1-2-1 Polaris Business, 3-4-3 Economy
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:01 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Has UA Confirmed the cabin layout for the 77W's?
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
And no one seems to be speculating that UA could -- maybe -- introduce a modern direct aisle access J product on the new fleet, even if it affects seating capacity. naaah, that's for DL And AA.
Originally Posted by SFOflyer33
Based on all the info I've read, I'm rather confident that 1-2-1 J will appear when the 350 arrives. Whether UA will accelerate it and launch it on the 77W is a 50/50 gamble.
An inside source has suggested to me that the LOPA calls for 60 new BF seats which are a product not currently flying on any carrier. And economy will be 3-4-3 throughout, including the E+ cabin.

Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
My guess is LAX-SYD goes 2-cabin (why bother with a premium product with the horrible ground services there) as well as all EWR pmUA 772 routes, save for maybe LHR which I hear has good F traffic.
I'd bet against SYD converting, at least initially.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Or of course they could do something radical and simply purchase a state of the art off-the-shelf solution like Cirrus or Solstys which are already approved for this aircraft. (I know, not gonna happen.)
But both of those designs are old and installing a product built 5+ years ago is bad, right? I'm sure I've read that once or twice on these forums.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.

Last edited by sbm12; Apr 29, 2015 at 9:08 am