FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:36 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Air France lounge (renovated)- New York JFK T1

Name of the lounge: Air France lounge – New York JFK Terminal 1

Location: terminal 1 airside, on the far right after security

I had a very quick visit this week into the renovated AF lounge in JFK T1. Very quick because I was stuck in crazy NY traffic. Fortunately, I did OLCI and had only carry-on because otherwise, I was outside the allowed check-in time…
I wanted to see the new lounge and, as the boarding of my flight was delayed by 15 minutes, I used this to rush in the lounge, to see how it looks like and take some pictures !

Opening Hours: from noon to 11 pm

Entry requirements: usual AF rules. There is a possibility of paid access.

The registration desk is now on the right when you enter and there are some seats where the registration desk was previously located.

I found the renovation pretty good and for sure, there are many improvements on the food offering side (see pictures below)

Food offer: good choice of salads, smoked salmon (excellent, I could not resist : I tried it with some Champagne), cheese, sandwiches, cold cuts, cold chicken, several kind of soups, warm pasta and rice meals. There is one full buffet on each floor.

Drinks offer: same as before but still very good : champagne, red and white wines, liquors, soft drinks, water, juices, coffee (another improvements with Nespresso machines !!!!)

Services
Wifi: yes (free, password required). But, this is a non-improved thing, the wifi is still as poor as before. I think their network is so saturated that it’s almost not working at all. Really a pity for one of their flagship lounge in their most important outstation.
Showers: Yes
Toilets: yes (inside the lounge)
Quiet zone: no, but there is a seperate private « quiet » room for P pax, with a different food offering (ordered from a menu). I had a look from the outside to this reserved P room, but I didn’t take any picture for the privacy of pax who were in. But we have some pics, including of the specific food offering, in the trip report linked in the wiki of this thread.
Loungers/sleep area: no
Business area: yes
Spa: yes (2 Clarins spa cabins, booking to be done at the lounge welcome desk)
TV area: several TV screens (mute sound)
Passengers are called: yes (boarding announcements). But, among new things, when they have to page a pax, they don’t call him/her anymore by a speaker announcement, but there is an AF agent who’s going through the lounge with a sign showing the name of the pax (see below). Good thing to ensure more quietness.

Information screen: yes
Newspapers: yes, quite a large selection of French and international newspapers and magazines

Other information
Number of seats: always hard to say unless you have the precise information available somewhere, but I would say 150 ( ?)
Level of noise: OK, despite the large number of people
Design: very nice and brand new. It has always been one of my favourite AF lounges and is full of souvenirs for me (including Concorde…)
Multi floors: Yes (2)
Terrace: no
Smoking area: no
Direct boarding: no