FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:40 pm
JDavis625

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orange City

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orange City

What is your IHG/Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Executive, was proactively upgraded to King Whirlpool Suite the morning of the stay.

How are the rooms?
I wouldn’t call the room small, but I wouldn’t call it spacious either. With all of the furniture in there, it could have stood to be a little bigger. We had to climb over the chair and ottoman in the corner to get to the other side of the bed/window/air conditioner. Otherwise, everything was fine with the room. Some of the furnishings were showing signs of use, but nothing out of the ordinary for a HIX. Whirlpool was large and worked great.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good

- Happy with the upgrade to whirlpool suite. Even happier the upgrade occurred proactively before I arrived.
- Convenient access to the interstate and there are a number of dining options nearby
- Staff was friendly and helpful. I didn’t interact with them any more than normal, but everyone I did speak with was definitely operating above the standard.

Bad
- Apart from restaurants and large retailers in the area, there really isn’t much around the hotel.
- I think the property is viewed as being in the Orlando area, based on what I heard a desk clerk say to another guest. I wouldn’t even consider this hotel on the outskirts of Orlando. Not bad if you need a stay in the Orange City area in particular, but not a good choice if you’re looking to be near Orlando.

Value for $ or IHG Points? Would you return?
Booked this stay as one of the last two I needed to finish up Set Your Sights. I’d return if I ever needed a cheap and easy stay for a promo, or if I specifically wanted to stay in that area for some reason. Prices are very reasonable, likely a reflection of the location being pretty far from much of anything worth visiting. However, at 25k/night I would never even consider booking this property on points.