FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:05 pm
iFlip23

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
IC Sydney

IC Sydney

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a King City Side View Room on a PB stay and we received the same room.

How are the rooms?
The room was great. It was of ample size with a nice large window seat to look on to the buildings of the City. We could just see the Harbour from our room, but it was more about sleeping before our flight to Ho Chi Minh City that interested us. This was the night of our wedding and with checking in past 11pm, and having to be up and at the airport for 8AM, I didn’t even have the energy to try and get a room upgrade out of them.

What was your welcome gift?
We received a bottle of Champagne from the hotel, along with some individual chocolates on a plate that announced their celebratory wishes at our marriage. Nice touch.

How is the exec. lounge?
We didn’t have club lounge access.

What was good and what was bad?
The room was just what we needed. The bathroom was large and well stocked with amenities and bottled water.
I was slightly disappointed, even though it isn’t expected on PB stays, that we were not upgraded. My wife and I turned up to the Hotel in our wedding attire; it was obvious we had just been married that day. On reflection though, I feel an upgrade would have been slightly wasted on us due to us leaving at around 7.30AM the next morning.

Value for $? Would you return?
It’s my favourite Hotel in Sydney, with my favourite restaurant in Sydney in the lobby. I’m sure we will return sometime soon, my wife and I share an affinity with this property.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only