FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:12 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
HI Brighton, UK

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum (RA)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes once I queried non upgrade promised before booking
(Not sure if means hotel avoids upgrading when possible... That said I got upgraded to Exec Seaview Corner 30months or so ago on my only other stay here but I had booked non base room King bed as with someone)

Which room did you book
2x separate consecutive 1night bookings of base room of standard double (king dbl costs more here)
Night(1) = Initially told no upgrades available on 3pm checkin
I immediately queried saying I asked night before when booking and told would be upgraded if rooms still being sold at my checkin time.... Given upgrade to King Exec Sea View at that point with no protest
Night(2) = booked on morning when hotel no longer sold out. Had to move to booked Queen Std Dbl which was fair in that situation

How are the rooms?
o Hotel has two parts a 5story office looking like tower at front off seaside road and lower flat extension going back. Sea view rooms in tower are only 4x across so only 20seaview rooms, the corner ones having balconies.

o King Exec SV - Large room, comfy bed, sofa and chair, work side and chair, wardrobe with safe, and empty fridge with 2free waters. TV with all the UK freeview channels. Bath/Shower combined. Lots of window with direct view across road to the sea

o Std Queen Dbl - Smaller room in the flat extension, comfy bed, same TV and 1x chair. Bathroom is shower only albeit a larger rectangular cubicle. No minibar fridge or water in this room

How is the exec. lounge?
There is none

What was good and what was bad?
Good
o Friendly helpful and polite staff. No problem with a 2pm Checkout request.
o Good breakfast buffet hot and cold offerings plus can order limited set extra cooked choices from kitchen. Individual 2mug size cafetierres per guest was much nicer than usual run of the mill filter coffee.
o Restaurant and bar food menu available and in room dining some from both menus

Neutral
o refurbs underway of hotel. Neither of my nights/days noticed anything but it was right after Easter Weekend and following weekend was the Brighton Marathon so work may have been suspended.

Bad
o Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
(30k points ($210) would be poor value as rooms are usually circa £100)
My £85 company rate included breakfast which is nice bonus for me at an HI brand hotel.
Basic Rooms Saturday of marathon when hotel became non-sold out in the morning appeared online at £200 to give idea of the other end of price which makes using points an option.

Last edited by scubaccr; Apr 13, 2015 at 4:18 pm