FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:48 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Sydney

IC Sydney

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
yes, prompt checkin at reception. Room not ready at 1.30pm but we went up to the club and had a cup of tea while we waited for room. They did offer us another room to check in to while we waited but as they said the guest had checked out of the room we were getting we were happy to wait while the cleaning was being finished.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Club, got a corner suite on 24th floor.

How are the rooms?
Good, nice and spacious. Separate powder room as well as full bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
Never get bored of the view. Personally I think service could be improved at times. I went up for breakfast one morning without my husband and I may as well have been invisible which totally gets on my nerves. I had to ask twice for a pot of tea, and by the time my husband joined me close to 25 minutes after my arrival I still didn't have a cup of tea. NOT GOOD as it makes me a grumpy cow all day! evening drinks though they were good at keeping our drinks refilled. Canape selection was ok.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
fruit and bottle of red wine - seems to be the usual.

How was the minibar?
Small bottle of Mumm champagne. didn't drink anything from minibar on this trip. I'm losing my touch!

What was good and what was bad?

-Good

-Bad
Patchy service in club.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
yes, I think it's reasonable value. Bit better with NZ $ rate as it is currently.

Would you return?
We always seem to.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 31, 2015 at 5:38 am Reason: added location to post instead of post title only