FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:58 am
Banie

IC Davos

InterContinental Davos

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room (free nights) received Alpine executive.

How are the room?
Simply fabulous!
Very comfortable bed with beautiful linen
Sitting area with sofa and 2 chairs.
Luxurious bathroom with free standing tub and separate shower, double vanity, heated floor.
Wrap round balcony with amazing views of the mountains.

How is the exec. lounge?
Beautiful room but completely dead. Not open for breakfast due to the limited occupancy (we could have breakfast in the main restaurant instead), dead in the evening. We were there 4 nights and I think we only saw 2 other people.

What was your welcome gift?
Actually not sure what it is, and have not tasted, looks like a mini bottle of some local liqueur with a little bag of bird seed attached???

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, not replinished.
We also got 2 bottles of water, replenished every day.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Upgrade
View
Hardware: room, spa, pool
Service (I have seen some less than positive reviews but in my experience the service- from pick up at the train station, check in, restaurants, shuttle to and from ski lifts- was perfect).

Bad
Due to the limited occupancy the lounge, bars and restaurants were all lacking in atmosphere, it did not bother us enough to make the trip into town in the evening.

Value for $ or Priority Club Point?
Using free nights and getting upgrade, free breakfast and all RA benefits yes, undoubtedly.
The room we were upgraded to was selling for a CHF 1,600 a night at the tail end of the ski season. Good as the experience was I don't think this price is justified.

Would you return?
Yes