FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:15 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Bangkok

IC Bangkok
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Usual great experience (Split stay as sold out so I could not extend/join my RES's)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
o Booked Base Entry room on excellent company rate
o online upgrade to Club Room with 36hours (as usual fromBase room)
(I prefer the single-room Club Room to the 2-room corner/end suites which they know/record)

How are the rooms?
Well furnished, comfortable. High floor club rooms are not overlooked by other nearby buildings

How is the exec. lounge?
One of the best. Staff friendly and proactive with food, drinks

Fruit and Water ?
Already in room on arrival with welcome letters

Did you receive a welcome gift?
o wine and new gift (loin cloth ... for all guests whether M or F)
o drinks voucher
(I later asked the Lounge staff and was "secretly" given the usual Teddy Bear, I guess those will be exhausted very soon)

How was the minibar?
Super, the usual 5x 1/4 bottles of spirits and plenty of colas etc, with my minibar already upgraded to dietcokes from normal sodas before arrival

What was good and what was bad?
+Good
o all bennies without having to ask i
o Including 4pm checkout both times (I never get disturbed by phones or door knocks here ^)
o lounge access as always for an RA
o All IHG'ers whatever elite status get premium internet here

- Bad
Nothing (as usual).

Neutral
I could not add days before/post my 3night booking as CNY week to join up/extend my seconr RES, I did ask but was told (very nicely, and not unreasonably so) sorry but lowest rate would be 10800baht++ the final rate base rooms sold for and I would get my upgrades.
(Obviously I would never expect company rate which is the lowest corporate rate IC BKK provide... On the bright side this gave me excuse to try out both Hilton Sukhumvit + Millennium as even there I could not get concurrent nights)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
On my paid company rate , excellent (a steal even), especially as IC Bangkok had totally sold out for Chinese New Year post making my nights/reservation(s) a steal. Not even worth using a bogo cert here !