FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:00 pm
lablelarry

Programs: IHG Ambassador
Intercontinental Toronto Centre

Intercontinental Toronto Centre

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Club Floor DBL Bed, upgrade was not available due to the requirement of two beds as we did not want someone on a cot....

- How are the rooms? The rooms seemed alright, nothing special.

- How is the exec. lounge? Not sure how they handle it at other hotels but this lounge is extremely close to check in desk(bar one foot from check in desk) and the food is in room across from front of desk. So you kind of feel like you are being watched at all times. The coffee area is around the corner. The afternoon tea was dainty types of little desserts, like cream puffs, delicate cakes, etc. (for some reason I thought there would be sandwiches? ). Breakfast had muffins/croissant, fresh orange juice, scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, toast, bacon, mini generic muffins, etc. The prices on the honor bar were approx $8 bottle beer, $12 glass wine.

- What was good and what was bad?
Waited three hours for fruit/gift, which I thought was odd, but it was my first time staying on Ambassador so I actually started thinking the fruit was the bowl beside check in and the gift was the chocolates on my bed! When we came back from supper, it had arrived. I thought it might be something special as it was my birthday and I had written it in notes on reservation and mentioned upon checking in. But it was just a small box of cookies (same one that had been served during the afternoon tea.) I like the check-in on 8th floor, was always the only people at the desk, the desk downstairs on main floor had approx 20 people lined up.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
The day that I booked it was low season so it was close to $200 /w tax for the club room and I think the regular rooms were going for 30 less, so I think for the experience it was good. It will be good to see what happens next time we arrive with a real upgrade. I thought I had read from other people that they had gotten something like drink tokens when upgrade was not available. I guess I was feeling a bit dissapointed, couldn't get upgrade, gift or fruit took forever to arrive.

Would you return?
Pretty much have to return because there are only three Intercontinentals in Canada, Montreal, Two in Toronto. I can't understand why Vancouver doesn't have one.

I remember seeing a forum with pictures of the room gifts before, can't seem to find right now

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only