FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:11 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC SF again

IC San Francisco

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Once again, a terrific stay.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive:
Lowest level, on an embarrassingly low rate for any top hotel in SF, upgraded to junior suite-4 level UPG, again.

How are the rooms?
NE corner large king bed room on the 29th fl with an excellent view and great open feeling. Great lighting as well. This one had a separate shower plus a bathtub.

How is the exec. lounge?
Also fantastic with an outside smoking area. Great food, free drinks, what more do you want? Breakfast is not elaborate and no egg station for freshly made items, but plenty of meats, bread items and pastries, as well as fruit and cereals. Well before my arrival date, I had received a phone call from a woman from the Lounge staff, asking about the occasion, coming back so soon after my Jan 1 stay. Nice touch.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
The usual, a bowl of fruit, dried fruits, nuts, but no chocolates. Hmmm, were they aware that I was on a diet?

How was the minibar?
Again, The best stocked of any IC I've ever stayed at. And, we had a small party before going out for the evening, and my 28 year old son and his friend couldn't even finish it all.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Location, very close to transportation, shopping, cultural activities.
Posh, tasteful hotel, I like it much better than the GH where I used to stay.

-Bad
Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Excellent price, great F&B in the Lounge, great rooms with fantastic views.

Would you return?
Definitely, especially now that my younger son moved into the city, as this is a very convenient place to be, So of Market, but close to BART etc. Now if parking was just a bit lower, but it's SF.