FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:02 pm
CalItalian

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Staybridge Suites Miami (Doral), Florida

Staybridge Suites Miami (Doral), Florida

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
- Platinum Elite

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
- Very happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
- Booked: 1 Queen Bed Studio Suites (on points)
- Received: 1 King Bed, 1 Room Suite w/ balcony

How are the rooms?
- Completely remodeled (it was completed at the end of 2014). It looks more like a brand new hotel than just a remodel. All new everything from furniture to fixtures to stainless steel refrigerator, the entire kitchen...everything is new within the suite. And I do mean, everything.
- Lots and lots of electrical outlets.

What was your welcome gift?
- 500 points or ? I didn't ask what else they were offering after they said "or"...just took the points. This was on a Reward stay, also.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Friendly staff. Paul & Abby who checked my rooms in on different dates are just great! Asked for a new tv remote and maintenance was up in less than 5 minutes. Most of the staff is bilingual but some just speak Spanish (but not the front desk staff). Saw staff constantly cleaning. Hotel is in perfect shape.
- The hotel looks exactly like the pictures on the IHG website...actually, better...
- Platinum members appear to get upgraded since I had 3 suites on reward nights and all got upgraded.
- Very quiet. My suite was across from elevator. Unless I was near/next to the door, I never heard anyone in the hall. Never anyone above, below or besides me either.
- A/C is central. Keeps the suite very cool. I set it at 62 and woke up one morning to 65 in the suite (while it was humid and nearly 80 outside).
- TV Channels. Incredible array of tv channels from DirecTV with on-screen current programs. The channel listings guide in the suite is somewhat incomplete as there are more than 130 channels...more than they list.
The only IHG hotel I've ever been to with more channels is the HIX Dania Beach, FL.
- Breakfast & Evening Social. Although they have the typical, boring Staybridge Suites corporate breakfast buffet, it is keep very fresh, restocked and clean. Evening social does include wine and beer. They had a great carrot cake dessert at it, also.

Bad
- I'm going to have to nitpick just to mention anything bad. No DVD player, toilet flushes very slow, hallways can get a little warm. If you are looking to workout, the exercise room also contains the (free) laundry room (4 washers/4 dryers) and it gets quite humid and hot. Pool is shared with the co-owned adjacent (as in literally just separated by the pool) Holiday Inn. I never saw anyone in the pool. It gets a lot of shade since it is between two 9 story buildings. Once in a while, a plane goes over the hotel, it's close to MIA, but it's very rare (one late afternoon, 5 did within 2 hours but on 2 other days, none). That's about it.

Value for Money/Points? Would you return?
- Absolutely. This has instantly become one of my favorite IHG hotels. Next to the Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, this is now my second favorite Staybridge Suites.